8. Adherence to Standards & Best Practices
Projects must demonstrate some adherence to standards, best practices and/or principles. i.e. the principles for digital development.
Why we’re asking for this (what is the principle):
- Standards allow technology to work fluidly and deepen the trustworthiness of a project. Best practices enable technology to be used in an effective manner. Standards and best practices have been established following trial and error, and are considered to be a commonly accepted way of operating.
How to meet the minimum standard (paragraph):
- A list of the supported standards will also be necessary such as HTML, CSS, HTTP, JSON, REST, WCAG et al.
- A list of the best practices adhered to such as: Principles for Digital Development, industry/ sector best practices et al.
How to surpass the standard (paragraph):
- Providing evidence pointing to the use of standards such as links to your validator such as API documentation (OpenAPI, Swagger etc).